Thursday 28 June 2018

A CHESHIRE CAT SYNDROME


My lively little lovely Cheshire cat!

Always ready with a goofy grin

and for a crispy mind to win,

The oasis of desert revitalizes
for the new bounty of life.

Yeah, I am mad for my Cheshire Cat

Wandering in the wonderland is your Alice.
Waiting and weeping for your words of solace.



Reared in the spring of Rajasthan’s summer,

I have learnt the art of being pleasant.

Slept in the thorns of the very desert’s autumn,

I have learnt the craft of being present.



You left a cataclysmic vacuum forever.
Alice, my lady love

How to resolve?

How to regain?

How to reoccupy?

How to rejuvenate?

You swiped right into the unoccupied vacuum forever…



Yesterday I was rich in the happy hour of conferences

And today I am poor in the needless words per hour of classes.

Do I miss the filial grin of an invisible presence?

Do I miss the philosophical/fickle comments of a visible absence?

But those sanctified/sacrificial dreams…

yearn to unravel their petals

Somewhere near, somewhere far…

Let the twain make Alice and Cheshire cat close by,

Here, there and everywhere…

Engrossed in the copious cups of tea

and the countless pages of Sudha Murthy,

There sprouted a seed of query.







Is Carroll’s Cheshire cat real?

Is Carroll’s Alice real?

Is Carroll’s Alice mine?

Is Carroll’s Cheshire cat mine? 
Catch them if you can!!!
Catch me if you can!



No comments:

Post a Comment