Thursday 5 April 2018

April full for an April fool

Kutty (all set to fool her Appu)

The dawn of April 1 loomed much faster than I could relish the embrace of the Goddess of night for long. I opened the day as well as the page of my thesis together with a beam of excitement. As I started reading a critical study by sipping the cup of tea, some thoughts emanated to my mind from somewhere. Music as usual springs from my soothing laptop. I whispered- April fool fills me with a rapture of research paper drafting. After an hour, I heard the sudden movement of Amma’s footsteps from upstairs. By the time she reached me, I told her that the tea is already for her in kitchen. She bestowed me an apprehensive look. Her facial expression got expression in the form of words- “Appu, your train is cancelled. How are you planning to go back? Meenukutty just called and informed me. Give her a ring now itself.” As I know my sister and her pranks to the core, I asked – “Amma, this news is April fool special aah? Amma in an undoubtful manner with a smile said that it can’t be and I should call her now itself. I called Kutty immediately and asked her regarding the train timings. She tried her best to convince and frighten me that the train is cancelled. At the end, she burst out into a cool laughter saying -what to do? Train is not cancelled and you will reach on time. hahaha.
Amma and me set off our journey to Kollam railway station. Some wisdom dawned on me at that time. Or else, I should not have checked the train ticket in my VIVO 1609. To my utter dismay, the train has already left. As I have booked two tickets on the adjacent days, I checked the timing of the train that was on the first day at 10.55am. On this very pleasant Sunday morning of April fool’s day, my train’s arrival was at 7.30 am. As I arrived hours after the train’s departure, I was broken like anything. Still, I felt like enquiring in the enquiry section. I managed to get a sleeper ticket for the 10.55 am train (the one I have cancelled the other day). Amma was so confused whether I will be able to grab a seat or I will be able to reach on time. She gave Kutty a ring and asked- ‘Why did not you check the train timing? If you had checked the train status, this situation might not have happened?”. Poor Kutty has not just to book the tickets for me but has to be cautious in sending me on time. She has to direct me all the way from Hyderabad, the land of Nizams with the directions of trains. Finally, the announcement of Netravati has happened. I got into the train and Amma left waving her hands. I managed to get a seat. Once my luggage and me got settled in the sleeper coach, I lend my ears to the serene music brimming from my MP3 player. Time started moving slower than a snail. I sensed by 13.30 am that it was time to satisfy my physical hunger. I put a gap for the sensual pleasure and started gulping Chor, Chutney , Achar and Sabji. I finished the food enmeshed in my Mother girl’s love within no seconds. Soon, I started falling to the lyrics and the sleepy atmosphere. I was opening my eyes off and on. A small boy caught my attention. I did not bother to talk and I did not wish to break my silence. The boy was walking hither and thither in the compartment. After an hour, he broke my silence with a query – 
“Chechi, what’s your name?”
I replied – Aparna”
Boy- “ Are you going to study?.
Vaishnav and me
His queries started hitting my silence. I opened my usually unusual way of interactive mode. This cute boy Vaishnav is eagerly waiting for his tenth standard ICSE board examination results. He along with his family, uncle, aunty, cousins and grandparents are going to earn the blessings of Goddess Mookambika.The tension of his exam result has captured by attention. His childish innocence prompted him to ask me lot many questions. I felt that he was enjoying my answers. That is why he was not willing to go back to his mom and cousins despite their countless calls to come back and occupy his seat. He left me after an hour. He came back to me again on his way to washroom. He sat near me and talked for a while. He asked me
Chechi, how old are you?
I said- How much.. you guess?
Vaishnav- 23
I said – plus 5. Now 1 more is added after March 3
Vaishnav- eeh 28? Then you are married?
I replied- no, no.. If you can find somebody from your Kottayam locality, I can marry and settle there. What do you say?
Vaishnav- Good idea. I don’t know anyone chechi. I will ask someone,
Then came his next question –” Chechi, will you call me and will you be in touch with me? He assured me that he will send an fb request. I promised that I will definitely be in touch with him and call him. As it was getting darker and he was falling into the arms of the goddess of sleep, he left me with a bye after clicking a selfie. Vaishnav is delighted and so am I. Moreover, he introduced me to his brother and cousins too.
Although April fool turned out to be a fool’s day, I thought for a while- Have I missed the train to meet an innocent and affectionate cutie like Vaishnav? Then, I cherish this April fool’s day to its fullest. Hope I come across many more Vaishnav’s in life so as to make my life filled with the love of childish virtue!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment