Wednesday 28 December 2016

WORTH verus BIRTH



With BOLLYWOOD Actress and PARCHED movie fame, Tannishtha Chatterjee...... A pic with Deedi ji after introducing her to the PRESS MEET of the 21st edition of IFFK-International Film Festival of Kerala.. Feeling ecstatic to introduce and anchor this Press Meet in special... Her COMEDY NIGHTS BACHAO proved her calibre to roast people who roasted her on the mere pigmentation of Skin...“In an India of 2016 I still have to be apologetic about my skin tone? What is this white-skin hangover? Where does all our pride as a nation go away when it comes to the acceptance that most of us have a darker skin tone?”
Once I was asked “ Your surname is Chatterjee? Oh you are Brahmin.. What is your mothers surname? Maitra! Oh…. She is Brahmin too…” And then indirectly he hinted how is my skin tone still dark… ? This is so deep rooted and linked to our perceptions of caste, class and skin tone. Upper caste =Fair skin =touchable. Lower caste=dark skin=untouchable. Yes I have pronounced it. Probably most of us will not admit to our hatred for the dark skin also comes from our caste bias. I made a film called Parched. Why I am saying “I made” is because all of us who are a part of this film feel that this was not just a film for us. That its MY FILM. We wanted to express a lot of things about gender, body, skin , sexuality , caste etc through our stories. It has been a revelation that the journey just begins here as we realise through our promotional process that we are constantly subjected to exactly those issues from which this film was engendered. The list is long long and the biases are deep deep….The privilege that allows these are what we had hoped to challenge"
Thanks a lot, Tannishtha Chatterjee for being a part of our International Film Festival of Kerala - IFFK Official..Many are yet to learn many things that transcend all the manmade barriers of caste, COLOUR, SKIN TONE, religion and........ 
I dedicate all this to some verygood people I come across the real desert of desert campus who consider these stuffs as the criteria to evaluate people and keep their worth aside. Anakha Ajith-
 I love my identity as a SOUTH INDIAN(broad word and never ever a narrow minded Mallu coinage) with the dark colour(as Ghori ghori chora choris usually coin south people) and above all as the way I am... Lub, Tonnishto deedi

1 comment:

  1. Hats off#nice thoughts#black/white
    U always right dear.
    First of all we are human,no matter's how's d skin is#white#black#📝i love my identity as indian.
    Can i meet tanishta chattarjee?

    ReplyDelete