Sunday 19 March 2017

UTTERLY BUTTERLY PATHETIC!

Had a small shopping,Gurudwara via hospital visit today.On the way back from Kishangarh to campus, I entered into a bus from RK community junction. The conductor asked me "aap kaham utharoge?" I said Bandarsindri.He understood I am from Central University of Rajasthan.His next query did not shock me at all -"aap kaham ka rahne wali hei?" He has comprehended from my look cum outlook that I am not from the 'land of royals, deserts and forts'. May be I lack the charm, fairness and typical features needed for a woman in the Hand Book of many lands( I am very proud of my physical, emotional and mental makeup though).When I said Kerala, his next question shifted to my caste.I said 'OBC'. Then he asked 'jaise hamare chaudhury, yadav, jat ke tarah kya hei aapka sirname? I said-" naam ke bina kuch bhee nehi he, bhai.papa ka naam use karthe.jat, jangir or rathore nehi hei".He made me expound the caste names of Kerala at least. I really thought for a while- My classmates and conductor wallas are no less. All prefer birth status to worth.Caste has this much to do in life aah? I do not know.. Anakha Ajith- I doubt will there a day come on the basis of ascribed status and achieved status, my Anthroplogist?Still from somewhere, I feel thankful for all these experiences and desert life.They do and did add a lot to my life with its typical cruel kindness <3 As usual worst circumstances can only teach best things. True to the core <3.The day turned out to be an amazing one as I opened my eyes today morning having a glance at my scribbling on Dr.Verghese Kurien,the Father of White Revolution.Hence the day was really 'utterly butterly'but Pathetic! Giving a hope for revolution.hehe!
Its time to triumph over this vital fire of life enmeshed in manmade barriers.

No comments:

Post a Comment