Thursday 30 January 2014

RECOLLECTING THE GOLDEN QUEEN OF MALABAR-' KAMALA DAS'




"I am Indian, very brown, born in Malabar,
I speak three languages, write in
Two, dream in one."

.............................................
.........................................

 
..........................
.................
"I am saint. I am the beloved and the
Betrayed. I have no joys that are not yours, no
Aches which are not yours. I too call myself I
".

My ever favourite  poetess KAMALA DAS- These lines from her poem" AN INTRODUCTION" started reverberating in my mind.I dont know what prompts me to adore her more- I fall in love with her language that is brimming with a sense of love. She is really a confessional poet and her poems give me inspiration to pen down lines having the vitality of life.She is an iconoclast in her generation.She remains immortal in the minds of her thousands of admirers through the lines and words created by her.
"All round me are words, and words and words,
They grow on me like leaves, they never
Seem to stop their slow growing
From within".

These lines really prove its worth.
Sometimes it acts as a nuisance but

"They never seem to stop their coming,
From a silence, somewhere deep within.
.. "


I do experience this feeling sometimes.Yesterday a friend of mine gave me a novel of Das' namely "Amavasi".I just started going through. Like her all other novels, even this has the warmth of maternal affection and open writing style.Though many have lauded scathing criticisms upon her as a writer of libido, I just dont accept that.She is a writer who is ready to share what others are trying to hide from us. Those are also realities and in some phase of life, we even have to confront with that.In this occasion, I recollect the Mock press event for Take two media fest where I was given the chance to act her.After the performance, I was asked queries by the juries and spectators.Most of the questions were focussed on her writing style and the controversial MY STORY. I cant understand the reason behind the questioning of this novel.I sometimes wonder "whether she has written such a fake story and sitting in some corner of the world laughing with utmost happiness that she has fooled the world with her creative story". After reading that , I felt so.She is really really an amazing player of words.Though she is being snatched away from this mighty planet, let her have a calm and peaceful life devoid of controversies in the other world of paradise!




WHEN "LEGENDS MET TOGETHER"

No comments:

Post a Comment