Wednesday 29 January 2014

RENDEZVOUS WITH SREELEKHA IPS(spontaneous overflow of my emotions after meeting her)







 Words, words, words! Even words fail to convey my delight.My long cherished dream turned colourful today.I am in the pinkest of happiness.It’s beyond my level of expression to pen down my emotions  which are embellished with the fragrance of lovely flowers.My eternal desire got fruitful today.Its my greatest wish in life to have a glance at the first women IPS officer of my state. Finally it is materialised today.Right from the childhood, I used to hear a lot of sagas from my grandfather and father about this bold and stern IPS officer Sreelekha Madam, who is now serving as the Additional Director General of Police in the Vigilance and Anti corruption Bureau. Its my grandpa who filled my mind with the aspiration of becoming a central government officer especially a Reserve bank grade B servant. I came to know from the magazine given by grandpa that Sreelekha madam was working there before she entered into the civilservices. I never miss reading any of the articles about her appear in various magazines, portals and channels.I am deeply impressed by the way she talks and behaves to common people. I often felt that she is a great philanthropist than an officer. Her words and deeds prove the worth of my finding. I was deeply moved by the services she has done in connection with the tsunami that washed away the lives of many people from the surface of this amazing planet. I still recollect the book “Neerazhikkappuram” penned by her dealing with the catastrophies of tsunami.It portrays the life of Bhadra and Clara. I have searched  this book at many places but still I dint get a chance to move across the pages.I do hope that I will get one soon.



Finally that much awaited day gathered. I was assigned the task of taking an interview with Sreelekha madam in connection with the controversial statement about the dogs she has remarked the last day by Narayanan sir, editor of my news web Trivandrum news. I was really shocked and surprised at the same time. Where will I catch the Number from? No idea. Contacted many.At-last got a number of police control room. But to my disappointment, no body picked up. Without losing hope, I tried again. Then I thought I should contact my batchmate who is having much hold with the public as he is a political activist. To my surprise, he messaged me the number within seconds. Albeit tensed and excited, I rang her and told my purpose. She said” Today , I have no time. Will talk about it tomorrow”. By saying this she disconnected. So, immediately I send her a message expounding  my need and sorry for disturbing her at night. Then I slept off thinking what will I do the next day about this assignment.When I got up after a slumber, my eyes caught the attention of the message in my cell that was sent by Sreeekha madam. It conveyed me to arrive at her office by 11 at PMG. I rang up my father all on a sudden and passed the message. He said all the best and do the work well. After the class, I went to her office with my friend who knows the way to Vigilance office. After the enquiries in the office and receiving the visitor’s card, we were taken to the visitor’s room. We were so thrilled and exhilarated. We were called to her cabin within five minutes. We entered. I was so happy to see her in violet salwar which is one of my favourite colours. We were taken our seats and asked our queries regarding the plight of dogs and daily walkers in the capital city. She explicitly clarified all our doubts. I wondered , is  this the same lady who raised her voice against the atrocities towards women like sexual harassment's and rapes?. She was so cordial in answering our doubts.I felt as if I were sitting in front of a person , whom I have known for years. Any way, in spite of all her official strains, she found time to spend in front of the inquisitiveness of a budding journalist. After that, I expressed my desire to have a snap with her. Without any hesitation , she agreed and my friend captured us in his samsung galaxy.My dream was materialised.

 I really adore her. Its not only the position and power she enjoys admire me, but the wholeheartedness to serve the society within the constrains of three letters imprinted with her name.I like her attitude brimming  with service-mindedness. Hence the rendezvous with her turned to be an ever red letter experience in my life.
The best pic with my role model.



3 comments:

  1. wawooo....:) ...soooopr..good snap

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the nice words, Aparna. I can give you my book- Neerazhikkappuram if you want. By the way, regarding the Dog episode, you twisted some sentences I said in your article.
    Never mind, keep writing!

    ReplyDelete